Friday, December 30, 2011

Good morning -- day 2 ... every other day?

Here we are at Friday -- trying out the 30 minute rule; I just finished the email block and found myself "hurrying through" in anticipation of not knowing when time would be called.  Now I've successfully corresponded with 3 different colleagues/friends, caught up on some professional news and recording the banking events in my calendar -- this is a good start.
I flipflopped the timing -- email first this time; not sure why, but tomorrow (Saturday), I'll go the other way and see what works better.  The idea of flexibility with boundaries could work.
What remains to be done? -- hang the new drapes I bought for the living room; finalize the calendar for the month of January and draft the start to February.  I may even need to block out time for scheduling!  The goal on my post-it is to "establish a sense of order and routine" with 1 - 2 hours/day without distraction.  It took me three days to get to the bill paying though, so the distraction is something to work on for sure.
Mom went into the hospital VERY early yesterday morning; appears to be an infection stemming from a leg wound that won't heal.  The culture takes 48 hours for conclusive results as to what kind of infection, but the antibiotics she's getting intravenously seem to be doing some good. I hope she's able to get some rest.

Is there enough time in the day to get all the chores done and still feel like there's time to "chill" productively? -- What's my priority for today?  I think we need to get some exercise -- a little Lifetime, perhaps?  ...its cold out and it will be difficult to motivate the boys, but I think I can do it.

Action to Learn? --  How to establish and maintain boundaries within and beyond my professional life so that I feel productive AND satisfied? ...I have to remember that maintaining boundaries is particularly difficult as my professional passions lead me in various directions -- the focus must be on WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment