Monday, January 2, 2012

Tuesday, 1/2/2012 Almost back to school

This morning, I'm up by 6 (tomorrow will be 5), with the thought to write for 30 minutes -- first priority. The tea is made, the slippers are on and I've set up my stuff in the downstairs bathroom.  The goal still is to establish a morning routine that allows me to start the day with time and space to keep things in perspective -- to give myself time to write and to work on professional focus.  There's been much time to think these past two weeks, and as the New Year begins, yet again, I'm determined to make progress.
Today, I will finalize, to the best of my ability, the calendar for January, work on a communication plan to suggest to Bob and gather the phone numbers of the professionals to call this week.  There! The rule of three prevails -- identify three things to accomplish -- let these be the priorities and then the distractions... I'm sure I'll think of other things, but for now these three are it!

Since it is Monday, we'll have a drum lesson and Lifetime activities later today.  As we prepare for back to school tomorrow, the boys will have some chores to do, but we should be able to do something "fun" to finish off the time off -- Hard to believe we're at the end.

In church yesterday, I really appreciated the cover of the bulletin -- the artwork was intriguing -- lovely in its simplicity, but as I stared at it, I found it satisfying due to the complexity of the composition -- and the message, is one for the year -- "Be strong and of a good courage... God is with thee"

No comments:

Post a Comment